Careers and Internships with Crossroads & The Learning Tree
Check out some of our employment opportunities below! If you do not see a job that you're interested in but would like to be considered for future openings, we'd love to keep your information and resume on hand so go ahead and send us a message!
The Learning Tree is often hiring for teachers and helpers, and Crossroads occasionally has opportunities for internships in worship ministry and kids ministry.
Note that our current form system does not support uploading documents. When you send your message, we'll email you back and you can upload any documents then.
Full-Time Media Director
The Media Director is in charge of all things media & communication at Crossroads. Weekly tasks range in editing and archiving the previous week's sermon, designing event and series graphics for our screens, anticipating communication and marketing needs for upcoming events and services, creating and reusing content for social media, updating our weekly bulletin and information on our website. Programs that are helpful to know or learn include Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and Indesign. Marketing tools that are helpful include Google Ads, Google Analytics, and Facebook My Business.
Now is a unique time to join the team at Crossroads because Crossroads is in the middle of a rebranding process with future opportunities for coaching/learning in 2023.
This position has the option of also being Tech Producer, but is not mandatory to do both.
Part-Time Sunday Morning Tech Producer
The Sunday Morning Tech Producer helps support our tech and stream team and regulate the technical quality of our services. Responsibilities of this role include developing relationships with those who serve, being willing to teach and empower other to do their best and giving them helpful feedback, and scheduling our volunteers. Hours are typically 5-10 hours per week.
Full-Time Teachers (Toddler/Preschool)
Since 1980, The Learning Tree has provided quality, state licensed childcare and preschool to the Lima area. We were created to extend love, acceptance, and care to all who walk through our doors. We are now hiring Toddler Teachers to join our family and to assist children with learning basic social skills and developing their familiarity with language; Toddler Teachers also develop lesson plans that help teach and reinforce basic skills such as counting and speaking, and planning activities and constructive playtime that contribute to social and emotional development.
Specific responsibilities included, but are not limited to the following:
· Protects the safety of all children in the center
· Directly supervise children at all times
· Uses positive phrasing with children
· Communicates frequently with children throughout the day, naming objects, actions, using who, what, when, where. and why, and open-ended questions
· Exhibits behavior management consistent with The Learning Tree philosophy, including reflecting children’s feelings, approaching children to speak with them, directing comments toward children’s behavior, not at the children themselves, etc
· Co-plays/interacts with children during play activities both indoors and on the playground
· Treats each child with dignity and respect, recognizing the cultural and socio-economic diversity of the population
· Responds to the individual needs and learning styles of children.
· Responds to children in distress promptly and appropriately
· Helps children serve themselves family-style and sits with children; preferably eats with them, and monitors children closely during meals
· Reliable and dependable
· Prior teaching and/or childcare experience
· Friendly and compassionate, with high energy levels, and the ability to maintain the safety of young children
· Possess a CDA (Child Development Associate certification) or currently working towards CDA (preferred but not required)
· Documents and remains current with state requirements for physical examination, First-Aid, CPR, in-service training, etc.
Summer Bus Driver
The Learning Tree is looking for a bus driver to transport kids on field trips Monday-Thursday for throughout the summer. If interested, call the Learning Tree at (419) 229-5484 or fill out the form below.
Part-Time Weekend Custodian
Our weekend custodian position is perfect for someone who needs a flexible schedule and can work at their own pace. Let us know if you have any questions about this position.
If any positions on this page intrigues you or if you'd like to inquire about future opportunities, fill out this form and we'll get back to you!