The Church of God (Anderson, Indiana) is a global movement of people seeking to fulfill God’s mission in the world. We’re committed to studying the Word of God and faithfully living it out. Christ and his message are the focal point of our theology. Where the Bible is not clear, we will adhere to the historical Christian dictum: In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity.
• there is only one true God, who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• God is the Supreme Being, the Creator of heaven and earth, who is all-knowing and all-powerful.
• all things exist for the glory of God.
• all humanity--not including Christ--is sinful because of the Fall of Mankind. The ramifications of this fall are still felt in the sinful nature that each person is born with.
• God's deep desire is for each person to be reconciled and experience a robust relationship with him.
• Jesus of Nazareth is the embodiment of the second Person of the Trinity.
• the Son took on flesh in order to be with and redeem humanity, and to provide a perfect image of what God is like.
• the way of Jesus and his teachings bring people from darkness/death into light/life.
• The work of Jesus Christ on the cross and resurrection from the dead act as an atoning sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin.
• the Bible is the work of Divine inspiration of human authors who communicate and witness to the story of God's redemptive work in the world.
• Scripture is authoritative, infallible, and the source for knowledge of God.
• the proclamation of the availability of the Kingdom of God is Good News for mankind, as it invites back into a proper relationship with God, the natural world, and others.
• the church is the bride of Christ, intended to be an active agent of transformation in this world.
• we are called to regularly observe baptism, foot washing, and communion. These ordinances are more than merely symbolic, and give us an opportunity to meet with the risen Christ.